Child Friendly City
- Major Project
- Child Friendly City
- Child Friendly City
- As a community that reflects the voices and opinions of all children under the age of 18, our city is carrying out projects to improve the living environment of children with the authority of the local government to create a child-friendly city.
- Highlights of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) is an international convention adopted at the United Nations General Assembly on 20 November 1989 to see children as dignity and rights rather than mere protection. An agreement that sets out the basic rights for development, protection, and participation.
- Right to Survival: The right to live a human life, such as preserving life, promoting healthy development
- Right to protection: The right to protection from harmful things such as neglect, abuse, violence, etc.
- Development rights: The right to enjoy potential, education, cultural life and leisure
- Right to Participate: the right to speak and participate in decisions that affect children
- Proclamation Ceremony for Creating Child-Friendly City in 2016
- The “Proclamation Ceremony for the Creation of a Child-Friendly City” was held to promote public relations for the development of a child-friendly city, the promotion of children-friendly cities, and public relations for understanding child rights.
- 7th UNICEF Child-Friendly City Certification in 2017
- In order to promote and implement the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, infrastructure and projects were carried out in accordance with the 10 principles of the four areas of children's four rights, which are international standards prepared by UNICEF. Certified by the final hearing.
- Main Business Projects
Establishment of ordinances for building a child friendly city
We will establish ordinances and rules, and will develop strategies to uphold the rights of children based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child to provide children with a variety of protection and support for their living and development.
Child Impact Assessment and Survey
We will put the interests of children first over anything when making decisions that affect children based on a child survey.
Measures for Child Safety
We will develop and implement policies for children to grow and feel protected in a safe environment. We will provide them with various opportunities to take part in social activities according to their abilities so that they can grow up as a responsible child and throughout their adolescence, and to express their opinions on what affects their lives.
And we will listen to their voices with the utmost interest and consideration.
Respect for the rights of children and conducting PR campaigns.
We will establish a system to spread culture where the rights of children are respected, to conduct public campaigns, and to further protect the rights of children.
- The right to life- the right to enjoying a decent life as a human for survival, healthy development and growth.
- The right to protection-the right to being protected from negligence, abuse, violence, and other hazards. The right not to be discriminated.
- The right to development- the right to enjoy rights, education, cultural life and leisure that are necessary to fulfill one's potential.
- The right to participation – the right to participating in a decision-making process.
Declaration of the Rights of the Child
Commitment of Residents to Respect Child Rights