News
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • News

1st/3rd Generation Communication/Sympathy Program [The Birth of a Family] $ The process of seniors living alone and out-of-school teenagers becoming a family in video form

21-11-2017

On November 28 at the Gangdong-gu Community Center, Gangdong-gu held a screening of the 1st/3rd generation communication/sympathy program [The Birth of a Family], which contains the process of seniors who live alone (1st generation) and out-of-school teenagers (3rd generation) becoming a new family.

This program, which lasted for about 4 months, revealed the lives of teenagers from out-of-school youth institutes after meeting seniors living alone, and autobiography expressed through rap, drawings, pictures, etc., and provided an opportunity to share the meaning of [Family].

The Gangdong-gu Youth Support Center "K-Dream", Joyful Disciples Christian School and Ggumter School participated in the program and representative Joo Soon-hee, The Salvation Army and The Bank of Korea sponsored the program.

Approximately 100 people including seniors who live alone, out-of-school teenagers, related institutes and residents participated in this event, which was a time for sharing love and the significance of true [Family] with ocarina performances and dances by children, an award ceremony, video screening, a cake-cutting ceremony, speeches, etc.

In particular, this program added significance to the declining caretaking of seniors living alone, who tend to be overlooked by modern society, and 1st/3rd generation communication/sympathy that connects out-of-school teenagers. The teenagers of participating institutes showed their unique characteristics and impressed the viewers by expressing themselves through various methods such as drawings, photos, rap, etc.

In addition, representative Joo Soon-hee of an insurance agency, one of the sponsors, said, "I came to sponsor this program because I liked the purpose exhibited in the title [The Birth of a Family]. I am very pleased and happy that I was able to sponsor the program after seeing the elderly and children in the video. I should strive to work harder to continue to support these great programs."

In the future, Gangdong-gu will endeavor to not only focus on general child welfare, but also to listen to the needs of overlooked seniors living alone or out-of-school teenagers in various methods to create a happy Gangdong.

<Related Photos>

• The Birth of a Family

The Birth of a Family