News
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • News

Gangdong-gu (Cheonho 3-dong) Supports Cooling Items for Vulnerable Social Group during Extreme Heat$- Cooperation with Seoul Branch of Korea Gas Safety Corporation to support cooling mats to 20 senior citizens who live alone and low-income households

16-08-2017

"The civil servant at the community service center often calls and visits to see how I'm doing and even brought me a cooling mat to endure the scorching summer. I am so thankful."

On the 10th, the Gangdong-gu Cheonho 3-dong Community Service Center has supported cooling items to vulnerable social groups for the extreme heat.

The cooling items (cooling mats) were provided to 20 senior citizens who live alone in poor conditions with insufficient ventilation and low-income households that are easily exposed to diseases due to the heat. The funds for purchasing the items were provided by the Seoul Branch of the Korea Gas Safety Corporation. The Seoul Branch of the Korea Gas Safety Corporation has been involved in continuous sharing activities for disadvantaged groups in cooperation with the Cheonho 3-dong Community Service Center since 2015.

The items were delivered to the households by the community service center.

The chief of Cheonho 3-dong, Byeong-jo Jang, said, "I'd like to sincerely thank the Seoul Branch of the Korea Gas Safety Corporation for their generous support both materially and morally for our neighbors in need. I hope that residents who are having difficulties would be able to have a more comfortable and healthy summer this year with this support."

This project was one of the achievements of the 'District Community Center That Goes to You,' which was conducted by Gangdong-gu last year. The 'District Community Center That Goes to You' is a welfare network in which the entire community searches for households having difficulties and provides necessary services to disadvantaged neighbors. The district is rapidly and accurately dealing with the situations of residents who need care through the this welfare network.

Furthermore, Gangdong-gu is doing their best to manage the safety of vulnerable social groups during the extreme heat by strengthening various welfare networks including neighborhood officer activities, welfare planner visits, private customized services through resident donations and the opening of summer rest areas.

<Related Photos>

•                                                                          coolmat