News
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • News

2017 This is My First Time Being a Dad Too! $ Learning how to build a close bond with children & create a family-friendly culture by becoming an ideal father

13-06-2017

Gangdong-gu led a ‘visiting father’s class’ program as a part of its 2017 Innovative Education Project at 15 elementary and middle schools and started with Gangdong Elementary School.

The purpose of the ‘visiting father’s class’ program is to create an ideal image of a father and family-friendly culture by giving lectures on the role and mission of a father, ways to keep a better balance between work and family life, stress management and prevention, and emotional coaching for children.

The ‘visiting father’s class’ program comprises lectures, experience and physical activities that both children and fathers can participate together in to share the importance of the father’s role in raising children and help to improve that special relationship between a father and his children by bringing them closer together.

A 3rd grade student of Gangdong Elementary School, Jang Su-yeon, enjoyed the class and stated, “This is the first time to play these kinds of physical activities with dad” and added, “We’ll definitely play more of these games together at home”. Her father also replied, “I enjoyed spending time with my Suyeon during the class and I hope that this program could be available more often”.

A Gangdong-gu official said, “The visiting father’s class program will provide an opportunity to create happy families and a family-oriented culture by reflecting on the current role of fathers, understanding the difficulties of maintaining a good balance between work and family, and learning about the ideal role of a father”.

<Related Photos>

• My First Time Being a Dad

Be an Urban Farmer