Board
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • Board

This bulletin board is a space for posting memories in Gangdong-gu or for making suggestions. Postings that contain obscene language, violence, slander, commercial materials or election-related content may be deleted without prior notice. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a sound and pleasant environment.

Writer Lee Yunjin
Phone number ********
Email
Subject Gangdong-gu opened Gangdong Village Media Support Center in November last year.

Gangdong-gu established the Gangdong Village Media Support Center in Cheonho-dong in November last year to help residents with various media activities. With a total floor area of 346㎡, the Gangdong Village Media Support Center has a video studio, radio studio, single-person media room, media study room, editing room, media communication room, and media lounge. Here, you can create content and use space and equipment, including media education and experience.

The Gangdong Village Media Support Center has been so popular that it has more than 1,000 users until February since it began pilot operation in October last year. In January and February, 17 courses were opened, including smartphone video production and announcer and dubbing experiences. In March, seven courses were opened, including a metabus experience and making your own emoticons. It is operated on a membership basis, and space and equipment can be rented at a separate cost.

Cho Ki-ok (60), who has lived in Cheonho-dong for 35 years, has played a major role in creating the Gangdong Village Media Support Center. Cho, who retired in 2015 after working in publishing, has formed a community meeting and is active. He also makes use of his past publishing experience to create records or videos related to the region.

"Even if I tried to learn something, it was very inconvenient to go to another region and learn. I thought it would be nice to have media-related facilities in the district, too." Cho and local residents asked Gangdong-gu Office to create a media support center last year. Lee Jung-hoon, head of Gangdong-gu District Office, readily accepted the request of residents and created the Gangdong Village Media Support Center. Mr. Cho said, "I am very happy whenever I see the Gangdong Village Media Support Center," and added, "I want to create a media meeting with the residents who are rooted in the village to engage in various community activities."

At the same time, Cho stressed that the Gangdong Village Media Support Center is an essential facility for retirement. "You have to live your old age in the village (community). Village media is a pension." He said that there is nothing like a media center to spend an old age that is not lonely while communicating with neighbors. Therefore, Cho is trying to inform and use the Gangdong Village Media Support Center to residents who do not engage in media activities. One of the purposes of creating the Gangdong Village Media Support Center is to allow local residents to take root in the region and engage in community activities, Cho said. "I think my role is to help them work with residents by creating media meetings in the village."

Gangdong-gu plans to revitalize the local community through the Gangdong Village Media Support Center in the future. By the end of the year, it was said that it would collect the activities of residents one by one and hold a performance sharing meeting to mark the first anniversary of the opening of the Gangdong Village Media Support Center. It also planned to support live broadcasting of village festivals by creating stairs for residents.