Board
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • Board

This bulletin board is a space for posting memories in Gangdong-gu or for making suggestions. Postings that contain obscene language, violence, slander, commercial materials or election-related content may be deleted without prior notice. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a sound and pleasant environment.

Writer Dong Yeeun
Phone number ********
Email
Subject The Gaze Stays on the Signboard of Gucheon-myeon Street, Which Stops the Way

Gangdong-gu (District Mayor Lee Jung-hun) has refurbished the signboards of a total of 243 businesses around the Gaenari-Plaza alley and about 1km section from Cheonho Elementary School to Myeongil Station in Gucheon-myeon with eco-friendly energy-saving LED signs.

The "Street with Beautiful Signboards" project, which was promoted as part of the "Creating a Street Wished to Walk On, Gucheon-myeon," is receiving great praise from local residents for applying designs that preserve the individuality of each business while harmonizing with the surrounding environment like buildings.

To promote this project, the district has received letters of intent from local store owners to participate in the signboard improvement project since April last year and formed the Sign Improvement Promotion Committee, an autonomous consultation body for shop keepers, and actively reflected residents' opinions in the entire process.

In particular, in order to improve the level of the signboard design, a particular design company was selected to improve the quality of design and materials.

In addition, the effect of the signboard improvement project was further increased by promoting the "window advertisement maintenance project" and the "building elevation improvement work" to improve large and original sheet paper advertisements of glass walls and windows in a concise and sophisticated design.
At the beginning of the business, there were difficulties due to opposition from store owners who thought large and colorful signboards were good for business promotion, but continuous communication and persuasion were able to complete the signboard improvement project.

When cute and distinctive signs were installed in the luxuriously changed building, store owners who initially opposed them also expressed considerable satisfaction.

A store owner who participated in the project said, "The streets have become much tidier and cleaner, and I can feel that a lot of effort was put into designing and lighting signs," adding, "As the dark and dull streets turn into bright and beautiful streets, I think the streets are getting lively little by little."

Lee Jung-hun, head of Gangdong-gu District Office, said, "This signboard improvement project is a very meaningful project led by residents," adding, "I sincerely thank the store owners for their active participation in the project." In addition, he said, "I hope you pay a lot of attention and visit the area of Gucheon-myeon-ro, which is newly transforming into a local attraction."