Board
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • Board

This bulletin board is a space for posting memories in Gangdong-gu or for making suggestions. Postings that contain obscene language, violence, slander, commercial materials or election-related content may be deleted without prior notice. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a sound and pleasant environment.

Writer Ahn Jungseo
Phone number 010********
Email p******************
Subject Migrant Women for Marriage Were Reborn from the Beneficiary to the Activist for Service and Sharing

Gangdong-gu (president Lee hae-sik) announced that on the upcoming February 13th day, the event of sharing tuk-guk (rice-cake soup) of love and the inauguration ceremony for Saemaul Multi-cultural Family Volunteer Group will be held by Gangdong-gu Saemaul Women’s Society (president Han sang-rim) at Gangdong-gu People’s Hall.

Saemaul Multi-cultural Family Volunteer Group (‘Volunteer Group’) is the volunteer group in which the multi-cultural families become the activists for service.

This Volunteer Group started from the relationship between Gangdong-gu Saemaul Women’s Society (‘Women’s Society’) and the multi-cultural families. The Women’s Society which has been active in volunteer services in Gangdong-gu invited every year the migrant women for marriage to the charity events such as sharing tukguk of love and sharing kimchi of love, and accumulated good relationship as neighbours.

Especially, in last June, the president of the Women’s Society and the migrant women for marriage entered a parent-children relationship to help the migrant women settle into the Korean society. Through such constant communication and interchange, the multi-cultural families, especially the migrant women for marriage, began to be interested in participation in volunteer services, and as a result, the Women’s Society determined to establish Multi-cultural Family Saemaul Volunteer Group.

Multi-cultural Family Saemaul Volunteer Group, starting with the inauguration ceremony on the upcoming February 13th day, will participate in volunteer services of the Women’s Society such as Gangdong-gu Hanmaum Service Day and conduct charity activities. Currently, the group has 10 members. It will expand the membership to the migrant women for marriage willing to participate in volunteer activities.

On that day, the event of sharing tuk-guk of love on the occasion of the New Year’s day will follow after the inauguration ceremony of the volunteer group. A total of more than 40 members of the Women’s Society, including the president of the Women’s Society for Gangdong-gu and the presidents of the respective district women’s societies, will participate to hold the events and serve a total of 90 households including the households of solitary aged person with 2 kg of rice cakes for tuk-guk and other side dishes for each.

The president of the Women’s Society, Han sang-rim, said “I have had relationship with the migrant women for marriage as parent-daughter. I am so glad to have them as the members of Saemaul group” and “I will conduct more active volunteer services together with them for the benefit of the community”.

The president of Gangdong-gu, Lee hae-sik, said that “Inauguration of this volunteer group is a good example showing that multi-cultural families are settling into the Korean society” and that “I will constantly add my efforts so as to have more of such good examples around the community”.