Board
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • Board

This bulletin board is a space for posting memories in Gangdong-gu or for making suggestions. Postings that contain obscene language, violence, slander, commercial materials or election-related content may be deleted without prior notice. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a sound and pleasant environment.

Writer Kim Gayoung
Phone number ********
Email
Subject Link between you and me, Reborn

Link between you and me, Reborn

The year of Golden Dog has come.
Happy new year, Gangdon-Gu people and I hope your family be blessed with happiness and peace.
Musullyeon is ‘the year of the Golden Dong’!
The dog is an old friend of man and it is symbol of faithfulness and loyalty.
As historically they have shared long time with man, to this day, they are most familiar pet.
Even though it’s ten million pet population era, on the other hand, nearly 200 pets have been forced out on the cold street almost everyday.
According to National Statistical Office, re-adoption and returning rate of abandoned pet is only 50% and over 43% of the dogs which were abandoned by their owners meet their lonely death in temporary dog shelters.
As they have been wandering the street. The dogs which lost their owners or which were abandoned enter the shelter and if they could not meet their new owner in 15 days they would be put to sleep.
Because the animal shelters are located in the outer perimeter of the downtown with hard access, it is hard to visit there even though for the people who have interest in abandoned pet adoption.
To solve this problem at the community level, last november, Gandong-Gu opened cafe style abandoned dog adoption center, ‘Reborn’ as the first of local government throughout the county!
Unlike the existing animal shelter, the best feature of Reborn is that it is able to enjoy coffee in the comfortable space like cafe and naturally get along with dogs.