Board
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • Board

This bulletin board is a space for posting memories in Gangdong-gu or for making suggestions. Postings that contain obscene language, violence, slander, commercial materials or election-related content may be deleted without prior notice. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a sound and pleasant environment.

Writer Jong HyunSeung
Phone number 010********
Email m********************
Subject Lovely Bridge, Gwangjin Bridge 8th Avenue

There’re only three special observatories in this word. Have you ever heard of them?
One of them is Bir-Hakeim bridge in France. And the next one is ‘Rainbow bridge’ in Tokyo, Japan. And the last one is located in Gangdong-gu, Seoul.
I crossed over Gwangjin Bridge with the sunset as if it were my friend. Gwangjin Bridge is different from normal bridge. There’s no desolate sidewalk, other than park with benches and trees in the bridge. Gwangjin Bridge is a ‘pedestrian-friendly bridge’ for ‘whom to want to walk off.’ As I arrived at the middle of bridge, the rounded electronic display gave me a signal to take a rest.
It’s a ‘Gwangjin Bridge 8th Avenue’ which is one of only three observatories under the bridge in the world. As I went down the beautiful glass stairs with nice lighting, I was amazed by an unexpected view. “Wow, I’ve never experienced such nice place before.” People also seemed to be surprised to see this place.
This place is so neat and tidy as much as anyone can look around by taking 100 steps. Also it’s observatory, gallery and theater is very well equipped. When I went inside, I could see Han River beneath my feet because of transparent glass floor which makes you thrilled and dizzy. This place used to be filming site for Korean drama such as ‘Iris’ and ‘City Hunter.’ There’s Iris Exhibition so that anyone can enjoy the drama video clip and pictures of actors. And you can enjoy the beautiful view as well as exhibits and performance in Gwangjin Bridge 8th Avenue. Various performances such as jazz, classic play or band music by officer workers are held in every weekend and new art works or photos by professional artists are introduced every week. The performances are held monthly and by theme. But, since this observatory is located under the bridge, the number of audiences is limited. You should get out through Exit 2 of Gwangnaru Station on Seoul Subway Line 5 or Exit 2 of Cheonho Station on the Line 5 & 8 to visit Gwangjin Bridge 8th Avenue.
Come and enjoy Gwangjin Bridge 8th Avenue: the refreshing cultural place for all Seoul citizen to get cultural experiences and take a rest.