Board
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • Board

This bulletin board is a space for posting memories in Gangdong-gu or for making suggestions. Postings that contain obscene language, violence, slander, commercial materials or election-related content may be deleted without prior notice. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a sound and pleasant environment.

Writer Kim Gayoung
Phone number ********
Email
Subject The speech of head of Gandong-Gu, Lee Hae Sik (translation)

Have an amazing and plentiful Hangawi

Hello, everyone of Gandon-Gu, I am your head of Gandong-Gu, Lee Hae Sik. I’m here in urban agriculture park in the middle of Mt. Ilja (It is a mountain which is lying from Hanam-si, Gyeonggi-do to Doonchon-dong, Gandong-Gu, Seoul) which was the place that urban agriculture‧gardening fair was held in. And actually, in May of the next year, 2018, Seoul urban agriculture fair will be held right here. Also, this is the center of Gandong eco-friendly urban agriculture. As you can see behind the scene here where I am standing, the rice is ripen by the sun within measure, and today is the day to harvest them with Da Myung elementary school and Shin Myung elementary school students. Since the crops are cropped well, it was a great rewarding experience for us to learn the mystery of nature and preciousness of farming through the experience of harvesting the crops.
Before long, Hangawi (Korean Thanksgiving=Chuseok) is coming soon. As you know, this time, especially this year, since it also includes the temporary holiday in the term of Hangawi holiday, it will be particularly very-long holiday. So, I hope you can get a good rest with your dear families, relatives and friends and also you have an amazing and plentiful Hangawi that can make you recharge yourselves and themselves.
Of course, did you prepare the food for ancestral rites from Traditional-Market? I hope you, everyone of Gandong can enjoy Hangawi very happily. Thank you so much.

http://gdtv.gangdong.go.kr/site/main/archive/post/category/강동뉴스?arcId=576&catId=11