News
  • 홈
  • News & Info
  • News

Anonymous‘Good Samaritan Donors’ Deliver Money to Help Seniors in Need

03-01-2023

Anonymous‘Good Samaritan Donors’ Deliver Money to Help Seniors in Need

- An anonymous donor has been delivering ₩5 million and a handwritten letter to the Gil-dong Community Service Center annually since 2020

- The good deed has become an example of helping and showing compassion to needy neighbors

Once again this year, another donation of ₩5 million ($3,858) along with a warmhearted handwritten letter was delivered to the Gil-dong Community Service Center. In the letter, it is written as follows: “I hope this money could somehow help senior citizens who are in need in this cold winter.”

On Dec. 23 last year, a person had stopped by at the center and delivered a money worth ₩5 million and a handwritten letter.

“I asked the person’s real name in order to offer appreciation, but the person firmly refused to reveal the name,” said an officer at the center. The officer also said that the anonymous donor, who has been donating money annually since 2020, is probably a Gil-dong resident aged between 30s and 40s.

“I would like to send my sincere gratitude to the anonymous donor who offered warmhearted gifts during this difficult time,” said Kim Joon-oh, chief officer of the Gil-dong Community Service Center. “In accordance with the donor’s will, the money will be used for needy senior citizens in the district.”

[Related Photography]

external_image

A handwritten letter and money from an anonymous donor